This page has been moved to the location below
Freedom of Speech vs Freedom of Thought Thursday, Jan 3 2008
The Threat from the Terrorist State Saturday, Jul 28 2007
World War III – Potential Flash Points Monday, Jul 23 2007
One of my favorite quotes about wars is
“A war does not decide who is right, it only decides who is left”
No sane person wants to see another world war, but at the same time it is ludicrous to say that there won’t be any wars in the future, unless and until the whole world starts following Buddhism!
The news we see everyday, the news we read everyday, the news we hear everyday is filled with how one country is pitted against the other, how one group wants to finish the other, ethnic violence, religious violence, racism, ideological violence, political violence and what not…
And enter Al Qaeda and Pakistan’s home grown breed of terrorists, kahani mein twist, a twist in the story…. Now its not just the political leadership of countries that can start a war, even terrorist groups can initiate one! The threat is not about sophisticated nuclear arsenals and delivery systems of US or Russia, but its more about dirty nukes in the hands of terrorists!
US and allies have waged a war on terror, Pakistan’s Musharraff is playing the game of running with the hare and hunting with the hounds, China is uneasy over Taiwan, Israel is watching Iran, Russia is irritated over UK, AlQaeda wants to wipe out the civilized world..
What are the possible flashpoints to trigger a third world war? Well, I am not a pessimist, but the triggers do very much exist in the world today. So as a member of a responsible(?) species with a duty towards its own species and more towards the planet, we have to identify all these triggers and not just TRY to put them off, but have to LITERALLY PUT THEM OFF..
So here is the list, in the reverse order from the lowest to the highest probability of occurrence..
5. Musharraff overthrown by fundamental elements in Pakistan, a preemptive strike on Pakistani military facilities by India, An entry by China to assist Pakistan, US enters to support India, North Korea enters to support China, Japan enters to support India…..
4. US missile defense installations in Czech and Poland cause Russia to deploy ICBM missiles in its European borders, a misunderstood testing by the US systems in Poland or Czech is all that it takes to trigger a global escalation..
3. Taiwan declares Independence, China forcefully tries to annexe Taiwan, US strikes China, Russia enters the war, Japan enters the war, North Korea, South Korea….
2. Realizing the fear of acquisition of a nuclear weapon by Iran, Israel strikes Iranian nuclear facilities, Iran retaliates and the US enters into the equation…
1. A dirty nuke exploded by a terrorist group in any of the major western cities! Say US, and US reacts, and reacts strongly, on the root, the root as usual leads to Pakistan, enter China, India forced into the war, and then Russia, parallel ignition by Iran on the Israel….
First of all, for heavens sake all countries should get rid of all their nuclear weapons. If not humans, at least other species should be allowed to survive on this planet after a world war.. All nuclear weapons should be disposed immediately and the process should be started in the order mentioned – USA, Russia, France, China, UK, India, Pakistan, Israel..
This ensures that even if there is a war, innocent people wont die, at least not in the number of millions. Let the wars not target any civilian locations. Nuclear fuel is meant to generate electrical power inside the nuclear reactors and let us stick to that use…
Fundamentalism should be wiped out of this planet, rather than trying to wipe out the terrorists.. All young kids all over the planet should be given proper civilized education and should be protected from being brainwashed by the fundamentalists..
It is a known fact that USA used fundamentalist terrorist elements against USSR during the cold war.. Pakistan is using them against India… This should not be allowed to continue any more…
Any regime supporting terrorist or fundamentalist elements should be thrown out and democratic institutions should be installed all over the globe. Every country’s fate should be decided by its own people and not by dictatorial regimes..
Having said all this, does it sound practical enough? Will US and other countries give up their nuclear arsenal? Can we prevent terrorist organizations from misguiding and recruiting youth?
Hope is a very beautiful and promising word, isn’t it?
Let us hope that the hope for a better future ultimately prevails..
Let us hope that the future generations on this planet will refer to the above mentioned list of flash points as, possible world war or nuclear flash points that once existed in this world, like the way how we today refer to the Cuban missile crisis as a possible nuclear flash point that once existed during the days of the cold war…
India and Israel Tuesday, Jun 19 2007
Israel is a sweet little nation which is successfully coming up in all the fields against all the odds it is facing.
The only difference between India and Israel is – In terms of population and size India is a huge country. But the differences end there!
There are more things in common between India and Israel.
- Both face the terrorist threat.
- Both have great original talents.
- Both have screwed up neighbors. As a former Indian prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee once said, ‘We cannot choose our neighbors. But we can definitely choose our destiny’
- Both countries are democratic and secular.
- Both have diverse cultures.
- Both have an ancient history.
- Both have great societies.
- Both have great science and technology.
- World’s First Female democratically elected leader was Indira Gandhi – Prime Minister of India in 1966
World’s Second Female democratically elected leader was Golda Meir – Prime Minister of Israel in 1969
The official historic records of Israel say that: “Throughout the history of thousands of years, whenever and wherever the jews went they have been persecuted all over the world. However, India is the only land on this planet where jews have been living without any fear of persecution for the past 2000 years!“
Here are two cute little videos -one on India and one on Israel from youtube.